« View county listLake Wind Advisory
Including the cities of Harrison, Bull Shoals, Flippin,
Yellville, Summit, Mountain Home, Mammoth Spring, Cave City,
Ash Flat, Hardy, Jasper, Western Grove, Marshall, Leslie,
Mountain View, Horseshoe Bend, Melbourne, Calico Rock, Oxford,
Batesville, Heber Springs, Newport, Conway, Searcy, Beebe,
Augusta, McCrory, Cotton Plant, Little Rock, North Little Rock,
Cabot, Lonoke, Des Arc, Hazen, Brinkley, Clarendon, Pine Bluff,
Stuttgart, and De Witt
330 AM CST Sat Nov 18 2017
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS
* EVENT...Gusty winds will surround a cold front that will move
through Arkansas today.
* AREAS AFFECTED...Much of northern and eastern Arkansas.
* TIMING...Through this afternoon.
* WINDS...South to southwest winds at 15 to 25 mph with gusts
over 30 mph at times ahead of the front. Winds will shift to
the northwest at 20 to 30 mph behind the front, with gusts
possibly exceeding 40 mph in places.
* IMPACTS...Boaters on area lakes and rivers should use extra
caution on Saturday due to the elevated winds. Also any other
outdoor activity that may be affected by the strong winds
should use extra caution.
A Lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes on Saturday. Small boats will be especially prone