« View county listFlood Warning
926 AM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Ouachita River At Thatcher L&D.
* from this afternoon until further notice...Or until the warning is
* At 8:45 AM Sunday the stage was 78.3 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 79.0 feet.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by late this afternoon and
continue to rise to near 85.0 feet by Sunday, May 7th.
* Impacts at 79.0 feet...Property in low lying areas needs to be
removed. Access roads to oil and gas rigs may be flooded. Levee gates
should be closed before the river reaches 80 feet. There is minor
flooding at this level.
* Impacts at 80.0 feet...Levee gates should be closed to prevent the
river from backing into Calion Lake. Access to oil and gas rigs and
to timber is flooded. There is wide coverage of flooding in the
* Impacts at 83.0 feet...Access to oil and gas rigs and to timber is
flooded. Calhoun County Road 131 is completely under water leading
to old Lock 8 river access.
Fld Observed Forecast 6 AM
Location Stg Stg Day Time Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Thatcher L 79 78.3 Sun 09 AM 79.7 81.0 82.4 83.5 84.4
LAT...LON 3311 9223 3323 9236 3329 9261 3338 9247
3333 9226 3322 9212