« View county listFlood Warning
930 AM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017
The National Weather Service in HUNTSVILLE AL has issued a Flood
* from Tuesday afternoon until late Tuesday night.
* At 9 AM Sunday the stage was 5.2 feet and falling.
* Flood Stage is 16.0 feet.
* Minor Flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise to and crest near 16.0 FEET BY early Tuesday
afternoon. The river will fall below Flood Stage by early Tuesday
* Impact...At 16.0 feet...Flood waters affect mostly bottomland along
the river...including low lying farm and pasturelands.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 16.5 feet
on Feb 7 2010.
RIVER FLOOD OBSERVED 12PM 6PM 12AM 6AM CREST
LOCATION STAGE STG DAY TIME Sun Sun Mon Mon STG DAY TIME
PAINT ROCK RIVER
Woodville 16.0 5.2 Sun 9 AM 5.1 5.0 5.7 8.5 16.0 Tue 1 PM
LAT...LON 3491 8628 3489 8606 3442 8637 3450 8653
Marshall-Jackson-De Kalb-Cullman-Moore-Lincoln-Franklin TN-
Including the cities of Florence, Muscle Shoals, Sheffield,
Tuscumbia, Russellville, Red Bay, Moulton, Town Creek, Athens,
Huntsville, Decatur, Albertville, Boaz, Guntersville, Arab,
Scottsboro, Fort Payne, Rainsville, Cullman, Lynchburg,
Fayetteville, Winchester, Sewanee, Decherd, Estill Springs,
718 AM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM CDT THIS EVENING...
* TIMING AND AREAS AFFECTED...All of north Alabama and a portion
of southern middle Tennessee...until 10 PM Sunday evening.
* WINDS...South winds of 20 to 25 mph will gust up to 40 mph at
times...especially on ridgetops.
* IMPACTS...Unsecured objects such as trash cans...lawn
furniture...and tents will be susceptible to being blown
around. The strong winds will make driving difficult, especially
on east to west roadways and for high profile vehicles.
Use extra caution. In addition, ensure all loose outdoor objects
remain secure, including patio furniture and trash cans.