« View county listBlizzard Watch
Including the cities of...King Salmon...Dillingham...Naknek...
340 PM AKST Mon Feb 20 2017
...BLIZZARD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY
EVENING FROM DILLINGHAM NORTH AND WEST...
The National Weather Service in Anchorage has issued a Blizzard
Watch...which is in effect from Tuesday morning through Tuesday
* LOCATION...From Dillingham north and west.
* SNOW...4 to 8 inches.
* VISIBILITY...Possibly reduced to one quarter mile or less at
* WIND...Northeast wind 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
* TIMING...Gusty winds and snowfall rates will begin to increase
late Tuesday morning...with the heaviest snowfall and strongest
winds beginning in the early afternoon. Visibilities will likely
be reduced during the afternoon and evening hours Tuesday.
Conditions will begin to improve by Tuesday night.
* IMPACTS...Snowfall combined with strong winds and blowing snow
may produce white-out conditions at times. Driving may become
A blizzard watch means there is a potential for falling and/or
blowing snow with strong winds and extremely poor visibilities.
This can lead to white-out conditions and make travel very