« View county listSpecial Weather Statement
Including the cities of Bethel, Hooper Bay, and Nunivak Island
408 AM AKST Mon Dec 18 2017
...Possible High Surf Monday afternoon and evening for Kuskokwim
Water levels could rise 2 to 4 feet above high astronomical tide
(grass line) in isolated locations around Kuskokwim Bay.
Increasing winds and waves will work in tandem to create some
rough surf along the coast beginning this afternoon as south to
southwesterly winds gust between 30 and 45 mph. Boaters should
exercise caution in the surf zone. Strong winds taper down late
tonight with waves subsiding in response.
Please check your latest forecast at www.weather.gov/anchorage.
$$Winter Storm Warning
Lower Yukon Valley-
Including Russian Mission, Grayling, Holy Cross, Shageluk, Anvik,
330 AM AKST Mon Dec 18 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO NOON
* WHAT...Heavy snow and freezing rain expected. Plan on difficult
travel conditions. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 10 inches
and ice accumulations of a few hundredths are expected.
* WHERE...Lower Yukon Valley.
* WHEN...Noon Monday to noon Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds gusting as high as 45 mph will cause
areas of blowing and drifting snow.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet
and ice are expected. This will make travel very hazardous or
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Including the cities of Talkeetna, Willow, and Cantwell
539 AM AKST Mon Dec 18 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 9 PM AKST
* WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions. Total
snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches, with localized amounts up
to 14 inches, are expected.
* WHERE...Susitna Valley. Heaviest snow amounts will be north of
* WHEN...6 AM to 9 PM Tuesday. Snow may persist well into Tuesday
night but it should be light and not accumulating significantly
after 9 PM.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
For the latest road conditions call 5 1 1 or visit