« View county listFlood Advisory
Western Prince William Sound-
356 PM AKDT Mon Jun 18 2018
...THE FLOOD ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 430 PM AKDT TUESDAY FOR
SEWARD AREA INCLUDING THE RESURRECTION RIVER...
* Flooding of low lying areas is currently occurring in the Seward
area. As of Monday afternoon the rain is tapering off and rivers
will be falling overnight.
* The Resurrection River will be cresting just under moderate flood
stage Monday evening. The river has flooded the NW/SW runway which
has been closed since 7:30am Monday.
* The revetment keeping Salmon Creek from flowing into Clear Creek
near milepost 3.1 of the Seward highway has been breached, causing
water to backfill into Clear Creek and is close to impacting the
roadway on the Seward Highway. The bike path is currently flooded.
* There are reports of high water on Sawmill Creek at Nash Road.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Bear Lake, Seward, Lowell Point and Exit Glacier.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated, or ponding
of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
LAT...LON 6028 14916 6009 14921 6005 14933 6013 14942
6003 14945 6002 14955 6027 14979 6032 14954